Followers

Friday 18 May 2018

Bee-cause you're special

Hi everyone, hope you've had a lovely week. It's been busy for me with lots of students coming up to GCSEs- the first English and maths exams are next week. This weekend is going to be great though. We are going out with friends tonight, taking the boys to watch Exeter Chiefs play in the Rugby Premiership semi final on Saturday and finishing on Sunday with a football tournament for Samuel while Isaac is on a Beavers trip to a theme park!

Last week Daring Cardmakers had a bee theme for their challenge. I'm too late to join in but was inspired to make this card.


I love hexagons (must be the maths teacher in me!) so decided to use a hexagonal kraft card blank from Craftwork Cards. I used Sissix die to cut Trimcraft Bee Happy papers (I love the little bees on the background paper) and a kraft card mat to add to the card blank.

I cut my bee and honeycomb shape from gold mirri. These dies come from the Bee Themed die set by First Edition. I liked the hexagon waste from this so used them to add a bit more detail in the centre.

I finished with a puffy sticker and ribbon from the Bee Happy collection.

Hopefully the hot weather we are promised this summer will bring lots of bees, just as long as there aren't too many wasps.

Have a lovely weekend. Cathy xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy this is a stunning card I love the design. It sounds like you have been very busy. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and layers Cathy!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-utiful card Cathy! Thanks for joining in the DCM Challenge. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned - enjoy! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Cathy, I love the shaped and wonderful bee.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bee card, great design with the beautiful papers and hexagonal card and layers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, the hexagon shape is great. I second your thoughts on bees and wasps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bee theme card. Love the shape, stamps, papers and Robin. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design, love the shape - great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Cathy, I love the hexagon shape and super die cut bee.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete