Followers

Thursday 8 March 2018

V&A gift bag

Hi everyone. Today I have a tutorial for one of the most popular projects from my recent Trimcraft demos- a quick and easy gift bag. I've used the V&A collection for this one.

To make the bag you need:

One piece of paper measuring 12" by 5" and another 3.5" x 4"
Double sided tape
Tag (this one is from the Simply Creative range)
Sentiment stamp
Pearl embellishments
Washi tape

1. Take the smaller piece of paper and score every side at 0.5".

Cut a flap at each corner and form into a small box base.

2. Take the larger strip of paper and add tape along the bottom and down one of the shorter sides.

3. Wrap this strip around the base, sticking as you go. It will overlap at the back so stick this down too (it's far easier to do if you have already added the tape in step 2!).

4. You can seal the bag in lots of different ways- I have added holes and used ribbon and used a peg but my favourite way is to seal it using double sided inside at the top.

I've added washi tape and a stamped tag but you can also decorate the bag in lots of ways, as in these demo makes:



I have a feeling I will be making more of these at my demos on Saturday and Sunday. Have a great weekend, Cathy x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy these gift bags are gorgeous I love the papers. Thank you for the instructions. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great bags and fab papers Cathy
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Cathy. I am very tempted by that V&A collection. Great instructions too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing the instructions.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute bags Cathy and great tutorial. The bags go down so well at demos don't they? Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your fab tutoral. Going to give this ago. x

    ReplyDelete