Followers

Monday 30 October 2017

Boo

Hi everyone. I am back to normality after my fabulous holiday, although after a busy weekend I am glad the boys have an extra INSET day today.

I mentioned in my last post that my son was taking part in his first Jiu-Jitsu competition- well I'm thrilled to report that he came home with a gold medal! We are so proud of him- and one of the coaches wrote us a lovely message to say what an amazing young man he is and how he is a great role model for others.

Now to today's card. I love Halloween crafting (I think it's the colours I love most) but until this morning haven't had a chance to do any. With a quiet day ahead, I decided to make a quick card and am really pleased with the result:

I love seeing scary makes but with two children, it's cute Halloween for me every time.

 I began with a 7x5 card blank which I covered with black card. I cut a smaller piece of orange card (and this is just kids' card from WHSmith!) and stamped it with a fabulous Hero Arts bat panel stamp.


As the stamp was smaller than my card, my Tim Holtz stamping platform helped here and made it easy to line up the stamp.

I added black and purple card to the centre of the card then added orange ribbon across all the layers. 

My ghost and pumpkin dies are XCut mini dies I picked up in The Range. For the pumpkin I cut it in both orange and yellow card, layering the orange one (without eyes and mouth) on top. The BOO lettering was cut on my Scan n Cut and I finished with a Hunkydory For the Love of Stamps sentiment, from the Happy Halloween stamp set. 

The boys have been busy crafting too- carving their pumpkin. To be honest my husband did most of it!


We will be at a Halloween party tomorrow night and will be Trick or Treating with friends.

A quick reminder that my blog candy giveaway finishes at 9pm (GMT!) so make sure you enter if you haven't already HERE!

It's a busy crafting week for me this week so I will be back tomorrow with another post- and to let you know my blog candy winner x



14 comments:

  1. Great card Cathy. Very cute kiddy winks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Halloween card and Congratulations to your Son on achieving a gold medal - great news.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card and great news congrats Cathy to your son
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Cathy, love the pumpkin too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Halloween card, Cathy! And I was laughing at the pumpkin - the boys look well impressed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the batty background, fabulous Halloween card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Halloween card - I love the cute element but that background is fabulous! Shabneez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card..love using this colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, those are great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super Halloween card Cathy. Fabulous background paper, colourway and die-cuts.
    Congratulations on your son's gold medal, you must be one proud mummy xx

    ReplyDelete