Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my last good news blog post, it really means a lot to me.
I am determined every year not to get behind with Christmas cards, but inevitably always do. However, this weekend I decided to start work on a couple of designs which I will use for lots of my cards this year. This is one of my first designs.
Trimcraft First Edition Jingle Bells 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Tonic Studios Christmas Sentiments A Very Merry Christmas die
Craftwork Cards Ribbon and card blank
1. First I cut down a 6x6 kraft card blank to 12cm x 14cm.
2. I cut two pieces of double sided paper, one slightly larger than the other. I fixed the plain paper to the front of the cut.
3. I used the die to cut out the tree aperture and sentiment from the patterned paper. I added them to the front of the card. I die cut the lower part of the sentiment from red paper and paper-pieced the bow into place.
4. I cut a strip of stripey paper and added this near the top of the card. I fixed a bow to the left hand side.
5. I used Perfect Pearls in the centre of the snowflakes.
I really like this die (I have actually bought the full set of Tonic Christmas sentiments this year) and will be using it a lot.
I'd like to enter this card for:
Cardz 4 Guyz challenge 174 Christmas in July