Followers

Monday 31 July 2017

Christmas in July- just!

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments on my last good news blog post, it really means a lot to me.

I am determined every year not to get behind with Christmas cards, but inevitably always do. However, this weekend I decided to start work on a couple of designs which I will use for lots of my cards this year. This is one of my first designs.


Products Used:
Trimcraft First Edition Jingle Bells 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Tonic Studios Christmas Sentiments A Very Merry Christmas die
Perfect Pearls
Craftwork Cards Ribbon and card blank

1. First I cut down a 6x6 kraft card blank to 12cm x 14cm.
2. I cut two pieces of double sided paper, one slightly larger than the other. I fixed the plain paper to the front of the cut.
3. I used the die to cut out the tree aperture and sentiment from the patterned paper. I added them to the front of the card. I die cut the lower part of the sentiment from red paper and paper-pieced the bow into place.
4. I cut a strip of stripey paper and added this near the top of the card. I fixed a bow to the left hand side.
5. I used Perfect Pearls in the centre of the snowflakes.

I really like this die (I have actually bought the full set of Tonic Christmas sentiments this year) and will be using it a lot.

Cathy x

I'd like to enter this card for:
Cardz 4 Guyz challenge 174 Christmas in July

19 comments:

  1. what a lovely Christmas theme card today Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Christmas card and great design!

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas card, love the design.
    hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout of this card. Wonderful. I've missed Christmas in July for creating but I have purchased ready to make Christmas in august!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The die is fantastic and your card looks warm and cosy, a perfect Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and festive Cathy!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulously festive card Cathy. Lovely design, paper and die-cut xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card ..! Love the colours !
    Hugs Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design and lovely colours! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely design Cathy and very traditional colours. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful and adaptable design. Elegant and striking and just what you need for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete